Friday 22 May 2009

Style Icons

I wanted to share with you some of my favourite style icons, people that inspire me, and just photos that I love.

Ever since I watched Factory Girl, I have been obsessed with the late  Edie Sedgwick. Her fashion sense reflected her. It was unpredictable and crazy and sassy. She looks great in her signature leotards, or shift dresses, with the famous short hair cut and dramatic dark eye make-up . 

Next up has to be Audrey Hepburn. Who doesn't love her classically elegant style? Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my all time favourite films, I adore the way always looked pristine, even if just popping out the house for a bit to eat. I wish I could be so glamorous!

Francoise Hardy's sexy 60s boho fashion was really unique. She always looked effortlessly chic, even in just a simple T-shirt and trousers.

Leaving the 60s behind now (although mentally I'm still stuck there!) and I am still loving Agyness Deyn's 'boyish can be sexy too' style. She pulls off punky and masculine styles, throwing the most random things together and still manages to look gorgeous. I loved her hair so much last year that I chopped off my long locks for a short 'do. Not quite as short as Aggy's but very close! Love this photo!

Oh Alexa Chung... you were wasted on T4! I'm glad somebody saw the light and got her back into modelling. Half of the reason I used to watch the programme was because I loved her style. It started off quite 'Topshop' but now she has invented her own style with her fitted dresses, baggy cardigans, black tights and patent high heels. And not forgetting the messy bob and thick black eyeliner. 


That's all for now, but expect more when I can think of them! 
Who are your style icons?

12 comments:

  1. I feel like i've learned something this! top stuff! but why does it go to picture of the olsen twins if u click on the first paragraph? are they style icons?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. O dear, will sort that out, I'm crap with HTML! Thanks for reading Maff :Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any style icons :( but Agyness Deyn is sexy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey Hepburn is most definately my true inspiration,named after her in B at T's and my house is full of pictures I've collected about 15!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Audrey Hepburn! She will always be looked at as a classic beauty!

    Also, I like that pic of Francoise Hardy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I just read your post about e.l.f. makeup! I've also bought some! I really liked the cream blush stick in pink lemonade! It was only a $1 and I used it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love Audrey. Holly, its a shame your not brunette, with your makeup skills and shopping addiction you could be the new her!

    Dreamy girl- I have changed my mind a tad on the e.l.f stuff, the eyeliner is quite good, but the nail polishes are still a no-go for me I'm afraid! Maybe I'll check out the blush next time. Thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree on you with Audrey...She's a true classic beauty!
    Other favorites of mine are Kate Moss, Grace Kelly & Catherine Hepburn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Hepburn all the way! :)
    I just put an soft eyeshadow brush in the little bag love and buff it in that way! Works just as well!
    Let me know how you get on x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how thick am I lol. Thank you will work on perfecting my blush away technique! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you mentioned Francoise Hardy!! Edie and Audrey always get mentions in things like this and I love them but I adore Francoise <3

    Breakfast at Tiffany's is my favourite movie. I have it on dvd and could watch it over and over and never get bored!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alexa Chung is my style icon too! Although it might not look it...haha
    Also i love Breakfast At Tiffany's. Hepburn is so naturally beautiful and of course so is George Peppard lol

    ReplyDelete

I love talking to people so please leave a comment and I'll do my best to reply as soon as possible!