Tuesday 14 April 2009

Spring time

It's spring! Spring is here at last!

Well, according to my diary, it doesn't actually start until March 20th, but judging by the sunshine outside it looks as though it's definitely started already.

So, I hear you ask, why does this matter? Well of COURSE it matters! It's time to let go of the fail-safe jeans and jumpers and crack out the spring wardrobe. I'm not suggesting we all get our flip flops on as soon as there's a little bit of sunshine, but we should definitely consider mixing things up a bit, adding colour, patterns and jackets instead of those heavy winter coats. Check out the tips page for more of this.

I thought about writing this after I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic last night. I don't normally go for chick flicks, with the exception of SATC and Dirty Dancing, but I loved it. This is probably due to the fact that I may have a mild shopping addiction (as soon as I left the cinema I spent £70 on Asos) but also because it was surprisingly quite funny. Isla Fisher is a great actress, not to mention gorgeous, and the clothes were so bright and creative I wanted a makeover myself! Some of the outfits were things I would never have put together myself, but I wish I could.

[caption id="attachment_128" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Some of the great outfits "]Some of the great outfits [/caption]

I think the film was actually set in winter, but you wouldn't have thought it as most of the colours and prints are in fashion now, particularly the pinks and purples.

It's definitely the perfect film for if you're feeling down, or like me you're just a shopaholic looking for inspiration!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jml_MOEPA-s]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking to people so please leave a comment and I'll do my best to reply as soon as possible!