Wednesday 22 April 2009

Mineral makeup

My Lily Lolo mineral foundation arrived this morning, a little late after posting it to the wrong address, then having a small feud with Mr. Postman. Still, better late than never!


lily-lolo1


For the benefit of any mineral makeup novices (like myself), they are different to liquid foundations because they contain naturally occurring minerals Titanium and Zinc Oxide, which are lighter on the pores, and have a sun protection factor of 15. The foundation comes as a powder that you apply to your face with a brush using circular motions, or 'buffing', until the desired amount is applied.


blondie1



I was advised to try out mineral makeup by a friend, when I told her my skin was often blotchy and quite red. My gorgeous Lily Lolo pot has not let me down so far. I tried it this morning, and although the application was quite tricky to master without a proper buffing brush, the end result was perfect. My blemishes had gone, my whole face felt soft and smooth, and most importantly, I didn't look like I was wearing too much makeup. I bought it in 'Blondie', which is quite pale but can be livened up with a light bronzer, like the Body Shop's all over cheek shimmer.

Here's a picture of the end result:

me


I used the Lily Lolo foundation all over, followed by Body Shop's all over cheek shimmer, and YSL Touche Eclat under my eyes. For my eyes I used a little L'Oreal colour appeal trio, brown eye brow pencil and eye liner. I finished with Rimmel's lip plumping lipstick in 'Foxy'. I wanted a subtle look as I was only going to the newsroom to do work!



What do you think? Could you be converted to mineral makeup?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking to people so please leave a comment and I'll do my best to reply as soon as possible!